Contract Facilitator, Career Exploration Centre (CEC)
(Information Officer I)
At the Southern Alberta Institute of Technology (SAIT), we are the shapers. The makers. The originals, driven by a passion for excellence and impact. We offer action-based learning, solution-focused research and enterprising collaborations with partners from around the world. We are a global leader in applied education, an Alberta Top Employer and a destination workplace for people empowered to make a difference in the lives of students. Now is an exciting time to join this one-of-a-kind place…SAIT.
SAIT supports student success and the advancement of knowledge through the department of Learner Services. From application to graduation, Learner Services provides resources and services designed to help students reach their full academic potential and foster lifelong learning. Through a diverse range of cultural, social, and on-campus activities, Learner Services offers students the opportunity to create memories that will last a lifetime.
Reporting to the Project Manager, Youth & Strategic Initiatives, we are recruiting a CEC Facilitator to present, facilitate, coordinate and promote CEC programming to grade 8-9 students and teachers. In this diverse role, you will also assist with the development and maintenance of written and online educational and promotional materials for the new CEC and coordinate the logistics of session visits and events. As an engaging and enthusiastic professional, you enjoy working with youth and making a difference in their lives. Look forward to a fun and fast paced environment where you are continuously learning and collaborating to create positive educational experiences.
- This is a casual contract position with a 36.25 hour work week and an anticipated start date in August.
- Occasionally, may be required to work early evenings and weekends. Some travel may be required.
- Must provide a current and clean criminal background check with Vulnerable Sector Search.
- Deliver and facilitate programming to grade 8-9 students and teachers, both in person and through videos (including voicing content for instructional videos)
- Utilize and incorporate mobile and laptop technologies in our learning environment
- Promote the CEC to internal and external audiences at relevant events including teachers’ conventions, SAIT Open Houses, etc.
- Communicate with audiences via email, social media, and videos to assist them in scheduling and preparing for their visit
- Coordinate the CEC schedule and the development of materials with SAIT suppliers (SWAG and print material)
- Maintain, repair, and coordinate the maintenance and repair of exhibits, educational materials/activities and technology
- Coordinate, train, and direct volunteers involved with program and event delivery
- Research and write content to describe materials and careers featured in the CEC
- Collaborate with writers, instructional designers and multimedia developers to ensure alignment of work with learning outcomes and objectives
- Research, write and edit written materials
- Maintain, set up and take down learning space
- Post-secondary degree in education, communications, or a related field.
- Minimum two years’ experience teaching, training or facilitating grade 8-10 youth in formal or informal experiential/hands on learning environments.
- Minimum two years’ experience developing learning, marketing, communications and audio-visual materials.
- Equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
- Exceptional presentation and group facilitation skills with the ability to engage youth and adult audiences.
- Superior writing and editing skills in a variety of mediums including online, print and social media.
- Exceptional time management, organization and attention to detail skills with the ability to soundly assess and respond to changing priorities.
- Ability to create and repair hands on materials used in student activities.
- Curious, resourceful and continuous learner with ability to work collaboratively and independently
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite and desire to learn how to use a range of new technologies, software and audiovisual equipment including Prezi, Tablets, Clicker App, etc.
- Current and satisfactory criminal background check with a vulnerable sector search is required as a condition of employment.
- Must be able to lift up to 10 lbs. (set-up displays, transport goods)
- DIY/technical/mechanical skills is a strong asset.
Please continue with the online application process through the SAIT careers website or Workopolis.com. Online applications are strongly preferred.
Closing Date & Time: Open until a suitable candidate has been selected.
- SAIT is committed to Employment Equity and invites applications from all qualified applicants
SAIT’s vision is to be a global leader in applied education.