Casual Facilitator(s), Career Exploration Centre (CEC)
Youth Initiatives, Learner Services
- This is a temporary, casual position.
- Currently, the CEC has weekday shifts available.
- The CEC intends to offer occasional weeknight and weekend sessions beginning in Fall, 2018.
- Please indicate your shift preferences in your cover letter.
- Weekdays: At least 1 shift per week until mid-June 2018. Weekday shifts are 6-hours in length and run from approximately 8:30 to 3pm
- Weekends: 4-6 hours (dependent on program). Approximately 8:30 am to 1pm/3pm
- Weeknights: 4 hour shift. Approximately 5pm-9pm.
- Must provide a current and clean criminal background check with Vulnerable Sector Search
At the Southern Alberta Institute of Technology (SAIT), we are the shapers. The makers. The originals, driven by a passion for excellence and impact. We offer action-based learning, solution-focused research and enterprising collaborations with partners from around the world. We are a global leader in applied education, an Alberta Top Employer and a destination workplace for people empowered to make a difference in the lives of students. Now is an exciting time to join this one-of-a-kind place…SAIT.
SAIT supports student success and the advancement of knowledge through the department of Learner Services. From application to graduation, Learner Services provides resources and services designed to help students reach their full academic potential and foster lifelong learning. Through a diverse range of cultural, social, and on-campus activities, Learner Services offers students the opportunity to create memories that will last a lifetime.
Reporting to the Project Manager, Youth & Strategic Initiatives, we are recruiting casual CEC Facilitator(s) to present, facilitate, and promote CEC programming to grade 8-10 students and teachers. In this role, you will also assist with the maintenance of physical and text-based educational materials. As an engaging and enthusiastic professional, you enjoy working with youth and making a difference in their lives. Look forward to a fun and fast paced environment where you are continuously learning and collaborating to create positive educational experiences.
- Deliver and facilitate programming to grade 8-10 students and teachers
- Utilize and incorporate mobile and laptop technologies in our learning environment
- Maintain, repair, exhibits, educational materials/activities and technology
- Maintain, set up and re-set learning spaces
- Other duties as assigned
- Diploma or degree in education, communications, or a related field; Equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
- Minimum two years’ experience teaching, training or facilitating experiences for grade 8-10 youth in formal or informal experiential/hands on learning environment.
- Exceptional presentation and group facilitation skills with the ability to engage youth and adult audiences.
- Good writing skills.
- Create and repair hands on materials used in student activities.
- Curious, resourceful and continuous learner with ability to work collaboratively and independently.
- Positive, can-do personality with ability to relate to teens.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite and desire to learn how to use a range of new technologies, software and audiovisual equipment including Prezi, Tablets, Clicker App, etc.
- Current and satisfactory criminal background check with a vulnerable sector search is required as a condition of employment.
- Must be able to lift up to 10 lbs. (set-up displays, transport goods)
- Attention to detail.
- DIY/technical/mechanical and Adobe Creative Suite skills is a strong asset.
Why Work at SAIT
Enjoy a stimulating work environment, a beautiful campus overlooking downtown Calgary and a great benefits package including: comprehensive health and dental coverage, a defined benefit pension plan, professional development programs, generous paid time off, free access to our Wellness Centre, transit subsidies and more.
Please continue with the online application process here. Locate the job description for Casual Facilitators, click the Apply Now button or use your LinkedIn Profile.
All applications must be received by: Open until a suitable candidate is selected.
SAIT is committed to equity and diversity within its community and invites applications from all qualified applicants.
SAIT’s vision is to be a global leader in applied education.